Wednesday 12 June 2013

Well I’ve just returned from a lovely holiday, part of which was spent in San Fransisco. I was hoping to bring you lots of fabulous Shabby Chic ideas from the city where the doyenne of all things Shabby Chic – Rachel Ashwell- has her flag ship store. Unfortunately apart from her wonderful store on Sacramento Street the closest thing to Shabby Chic I could find were the four hearts at each corner of Union Square, one of which is in the photo below.
 Shabby Chic USA Style
There were so many beautiful houses that looked as if Shabby Chic décor was made for them. Unfortunately I couldn’t see inside them!
On a visit to Sausolito I was hoping desperately for just one or two Shabby Chic shops but yet again I was disappointed. The photo below shows a fabulous shop which looked as if it had been built to house all things Shabby Chic, it turned out to be a clothes shop!
Shabby Chic USA House
What a waste, I could just see all our lovely Shabby Chic homeware,  gifts and accessories, as well as  of course , some large pieces of furniture , filling this shop to the brim. I asked some locals if there were any vintage style shops around and although they all loved everything Shabby Chic, they said there were no such shops that they knew of! Time to take on America – I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment